The sun is peeking out in the Pacific Northwest which means summer is almost here! If you’re looking to shed a few pounds before swimsuit season fully arrives, then add this recipe to your eating plan. It’s easy and quick to make (no need to roast the beets) and to top it off, it’s healthy and delicious! It’s also on our menus through the month of June. Thanks to Chef Jesus Boites and his team at El Gaucho Tacoma for creating this tasty dish!
• 2.25 oz Arugula
• 1.5 oz Red beets peeled shaved and julienned
• 1.5 oz Yellow beets, peeled shaved and julienned
• ¼ tsp El Gaucho Steak Seasoning*
• 1 fl oz Lemon Vinaigrette
• 1 ½ oz Goat Cheese
• 1 pz Walnuts, rough chopped and toasted
1. Combine arugula, beets, steak seasoning and dressing
2. Neatly pile on chilled salad plate
3. Top with goat cheese and walnuts
• 1/3 cup Lemon Juice
• 1/3 cup Extra virgin olive oil
• 1 tsp Kosher salt
• 1 tsp Sugar
1. Combine all ingredients in squeeze bottle. Can be stored in the refrigerator.