El Gaucho Tacoma’s Executive Chef, Jesus Boites, shares one of his favorite recipes to make at home: Green Tomatillo Salsa.
- 2 lbs. Tomatillos, husked
- 1/2 Onion
- 8 ea. Garlic Cloves
- 3 ea. Serrano Peppers
- 2 cups Water
- 2 tsp. Cilantro
- 2 ea. Avocados
- Gaucho Seasoning ~ To Taste
- Add water, tomatillos, onion, garlic and serrano peppers to a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until the tomatillos are soft, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Drain ingredients and puree in blender until smooth.
- Add avocados, cilantro, lime juice and Gaucho Seasoning to taste.