Core values: A principle that guides an organization’s internal conduct as well as its relationship with the external world. Shortly after my dad founded this company, we created our core values, which still guide our company today: Individual responsibility, heritage of hospitality, professional, action-oriented, stewardship, building strong community, and free enterprise. These are not just descriptions; these values underlie our work, help us prioritize, and how we interact with each other and the outside world.
“Building a strong community” is three-fold approach for us. Not only do we provide a place of celebration for the community in our restaurants, but we are generous in our fundraising for local charities, and last but not least, we give our time, resources, and energy to building better communities.
In that spirit, we are excited for many upcoming events to celebrate community:
- The Seafair Ball is tonight at the Seattle Design Center, benefitting USO Northwest.
- Tomorrow, August 2nd, El Gaucho Portland will be cooking up our legendary Wicked Shrimp for The Soulful Giving Blanket event, benefitting Randall Children’s Hospital. A special thank you to Pacific Seafood for donating 100 pounds of shrimp. Check out the recent clip from KPTV Channel 12 in Portland, featuring our Exec Chef Alex Parsons with Junki Yoshida to learn more about this fundraiser.
- Also tomorrow, El Gaucho Tacoma will be hosting the 2nd annual Cars and Cigars with LeMay-America’s Car Museum. If you like classic cars, good food, live music, and a great cigar, you don’t want to miss this event.
- Hootenanny – the hottest waterfront party of the year – is August 9th at AQUA. It’s the quintessential Seattle summer event that you don’t want to miss!
- El Gaucho Hospitality is thrilled to once again be a part of the Boeing Classic, an Official Event on the PGA Tour, held August 18-24th at TPC Snoqualmie Ridge. We love providing our classic El Gaucho experience for guests in the All Nippon Airways (ANA) Dreamliner Lounge, located on the 18th green.
- Have you met “Beefy?” He’s our refrigerated box truck with a self-contained kitchen that can roll out dinner for up to 800 people. Beefy has traveled far and wide throughout the Pacific Northwest, and will once again be traveling to Anchorage, Alaska along with some of our crew, for our third Alaska Airlines Signature Visa winemaker dinner. Held September 12th at Alaska Aviation Museum, this year’s wine partners are Dunham Cellars and Va Piano Vineyards. We always look forward to taking our El Gaucho experience to share with Alaska guests.
Here’s to building better communities – we hope to see you at one of these events!
Until next time,
President and COO