Executive Chef, Jesus Boites, shares one of his favorite recipes to make at home: Blackberry Demi Reduction. The perfecting topping to a grilled steak!
- 4 cups Port wine
- 2oz. Canola Oil
- 5 ea. Garlic Cloves
- 4 ea. Bay leaves
- 2oz. Chopped Shallots
- 1 tsp. Cracked Black Pepper
- 2 ea. Rosemary Springs
- 3 cups Blackberry Puree
- 8 cups Veal Demi (or
- 2 oz. Honey
- In a hot pan combined oil, garlic, shallots, rosemary, bay leaves and black pepper and cook for 3-4 minutes on high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and add Port wine.
- Let wine cook on low heat until it has reduce by half.
- Next add Veal Demi and once again cook until liquid has reduced by half.
- Once reduced add Blackberry Puree and let simmer until reduced by a 1/4.
- Finish with honey.
- Best served warm over your favorite steak.