Since joining El Gaucho Bellevue this Fall, Exec Chef Michael Jordan has been working to put his flavorful stamp on the daily dinner specials. He has also just updated the lunch menu to include delicious new vegetarian dishes, including The Diablo Spiced Tofu sandwich, which brings one of El Gaucho’s signature steak preparations to a veggie-friendly dish.
Chef Michael describes his cooking style as “bold, yet balanced” and says that he lets the seasons and market drive his creativity. Chef’s favorite new dish is the Portobello sandwich because of the great flavors and textures. The ricotta has been flavored with a puree of roasted garlic and the sandwich also includes baby arugula, crispy fried red onions and a smoky flavored tomato jam.
El Gaucho is known for steaks, but we know that our guests are always looking for variety when it comes to vegetarian options, so we keep a seasonally changing selection of vegetarian dishes on our menu – especially at lunch.
New dishes include:
- Tenderloin Steak Salad: 6 oz Niman Ranch filet mignon medallions, roasted cherry tomatoes, red onion a la plancha, kalamata olives, roquefort, red wine vinaigrette
- Diablo Spiced Tofu Sandwich: caramelized onions, mama lil’s peppers, watercress, radish, sprouts, chipotle aioli
- Grilled Portobello Sandwich: roasted garlic ricotta, fried red onions, tomato jam, baby arugula
- Parmesan Crusted Fish and Chips: watercress, pickled mushrooms and leeks, red chimichurri
- Marsala Mushroom Flatbread: roasted garlic puree, caramelized onions, fontina, parmesan, fresh herbs
- The Italian Flatbread: sopprasetta, capicola, pancetta, kalamata olives, parmesan, mozzarella, fresh herbs
Come join us for lunch starting at 11:30am Monday-Friday. Call 425-455-2715 for reservations, or simply stop in to give these new dishes a try!