Is one of your new year resolutions to eat more healthy? El Gaucho Bellevue Executive Chef Sarah Scott shares one of her favorite pasta substitutions – roasted spaghetti squash. She shows you just how easy it is!
- 1 Large Spaghetti Squash
- Cover a baking pan with parchment paper. Poke the squash 12 times with knife to let steam escape.
- Roast at 400 degrees for 45-70 minutes, flipping your squash half way through. The squash will be done when the skin “gives” as you put pressure on it.
- Remove from the oven and let it sit for 30 minutes.
- Cut it in half and remove the seeds. Grasp ½ of the squash with a kitchen towel and use a spoon to “shred” the squash into strands; discard skin.
- Sprinkle generously with kosher salt and serve below your favorite pasta sauce!