Go behind the scenes at El Gaucho with Events Executive Chef Steve Cain as he shares one of his favorite holiday recipes, Yorkshire Pudding
This serves six people as a side dish
There are only a few simple rules to make sure your Yorkshire Pudding turns out great:
1)The batter should be iced cold and very smooth.
2) Turn your oven to 450 degrees.
- 4 large eggs measured into a container
- Equal parts milk to your measured eggs
- Equal parts all purpose flour to the measured eggs
- Pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons lard, pork drippings or vegetable oil
- Place the eggs milk and flour along with the salt into a blender and process until smooth.
- Place the mixture into the refrigerator and let it set for a minimum of 30 minutes 2 hours is great.
- Place a six count muffin tin into the oven and add 1 tsp. of the fat to the tins pour the batter in a 1/3 of the way up.
- Cook for 20 minutes until golden brown. Serve immediately.