Serving Those Who Serve Us
For 20 years, one of our core company values has been Building Community. We strive to forge a strong bond with our communities by being generous in our fundraising for local charities, as well as giving our time, resources, and energy to building better communities. This a value we share with our 20th anniversary partner, USO Northwest. They are a team of more than 400 volunteers dedicated to serving over 650,000 military and their families each year.
Supporting America’s troops was the first mission of the USO. Over time, the USO refined its focus, developing new programs and services to meet the ever-changing needs of our military members and their families. USO Northwest provides support to those who need it the most including military deploying overseas and returning home, military families, wounded warriors and their families and families of the fallen.
Starting October 8th, El Gaucho begins the fundraising portion of the 20th anniversary campaign. All proceeds will help USO Northwest accomplish their goal of opening a new hospitality center at Joint Base Lewis McChord. The Army side of JBLM is the largest concentration of military and their families without a USO presence. These centers are fundamental to the mission of USO Northwest as they provide a place of community building and connections for our military personnel and their families.
Here are some examples of the impact a donation will have on our military and their families:
- $10 will cover the cost of one meal, snack and beverage for a service member when they visit the Camp Lewis USO Center.
- $25 will ensure that the Camp Lewis USO Center is well-stocked with board games and movies most requested for by our service members. Our military work long and stressful hours. So when they get some well-deserved time off, they can head to the Camp Lewis USO and catch a movie or enjoy a board game with their buddies.
- $38 will allow one service member to take advantage of USO’s United Through Reading Program which enables servicemen and women that visit our Camp Lewis USO Center to select a book and read the story aloud as they are being recorded, and the USO Northwest mails both the DVD recording and the book home to their child. Families complete the circle by sending back a touch of home – a photo of the child watching the deployed mom or dad reading!
- $60 will ensure that the Camp Lewis USO Center can continue to offer laptops with skype capability and free Wi-Fi at all our center for one month allowing service members to stay connected with their loved ones back home.
- A $125 donation will cover the cost of satellite TV for the USO center for one month. Visiting the USO provides an alternative to an evening in quarters or traveling off base for entertainment. The Camp Lewis USO Center will offer our service members with a complete lineup of free movies and sporting events thanks to the center’s two big screen TVs.
Please join us at any El Gaucho restaurant, including AQUA by El Gaucho and help us support the important work of our partners, USO Northwest. We can think of no better way to celebrate our anniversary than by giving back to those who give so much for us.Donate Now