Insane Truffle Soup:
Executive Chef Matt Brandsey at El Gaucho Seattle shares one of his most popular recipes, Insane Truffle Soup. You’ll be surprised at how easy to make this delicious soup!
- 4 ounces mushroom mix – can use any mushroom or a combination. Matt here uses crimini, oyster, shimeji, and chantrelle mushrooms
- ½ cup mushroom stock
- 1 T garlic, or to taste
- 1/4 cup cream
- Roux as needed to thicken (roux is equal parts butter and flour mixed together.)
- White Truffle oil and Chives to garnish
- Saute mushrooms in canola oil in a hot pot.
- Add chopped truffles and garlic.
- Add mushroom stock and cream and let simmer.
- Add roux. It’s important that the soup is boiling when you add in the roux. Whisk until roux is diluted completely.
- Serve in bowls. Garnish with white truffle oil and chives.