El Gaucho’s President and COO Chad Mackay shows you how to make an easy Peppercorn Sauce at home in this video. The more “complex” version is served in our restaurants: AQUA by El Gaucho, El Gaucho Seattle, El Gaucho Bellevue, El Gaucho Tacoma, and El Gaucho Portland.
- 1 – 3.5 oz. jar Green Peppercorns, drained and rinsed
- 1-2 – 12 oz jar(s) simple Beef Gravy with no bits
- 1 c. Brandy or cooking cognac
- Drain and rinse peppercorns.
- In a 3 qt. saucepan over medium-high heat, add green peppercorns and add 1
c. cognac. Let boil and reduce until liquid is almost gone.
- Reduce heat to low and add gravy. Stir together and simmer for 45 minutes to an 1 hr.
- You can add wateror broth to keep it at the consistency you would like.
- Serve over chicken, beef or pork. Will last up to 4 days refrigerated.