Grilled Halibut with Blood Orange Crème Fraiche and White Balsamic Cucumber Ribbons
Grilled Halibut Ingredients
- 2 10oz Halibut Fillets
- 2 tsp El Gaucho Seasoning (available at Amazon.com, Metropolitan Markets and El Gaucho)
- 2 TB Butter, softened
Marinated Cucumber Ribbons Ingredients
- 1 each English cucumber, cut in half (so that you have two 5” cucumber halves) and thinly slice (a mandolin works great!)
- 1 tsp Sugar, granulated
- 3/4 tsp Dill, minced
- 3/4 tsp Garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Mix all ingredients except for the cucumbers.
- Pour over the top of the sliced cucumbers and let marinate overnight.
Blood Orange Crème Fraiche
- 1 cup cream, heavy
- 1 TB buttermilk
- .25 t salt, kosher
- 2 TB blood orange puree
- Mix the cream and buttermilk together.
- Cover and let sit at room temperature overnight or at least 12 hours.
- The next day, add the salt and blood orange puree and whisk to combine.
- Cool in the refrigerator.
- Heat a grill (preferably charcoal) to medium heat.
- Generously season the halibut fillets on both sides.
- Use a pastry brush to add butter to the presentation side of the halibut.
- Place the halibut presentation side down on the grill.
- After 2-4 minutes, gently rotate the halibut at a 90 degree angle and let cook for an additional 2-4 minutes.
- Add butter to the other side of the halibut while it is cooking and immediately flip it over.
- Cook until it’s translucent throughout and still moist.
- Remove from the grill and place each one on ¼ cup of the crème fraiche.
- Place the Cucumber Ribbons on top and garnish with micro greens and lemon.