Grilled Sockeye Salmon with Warm Chipotle Mushroom and Corn Salsa
Executive Events Chef Jonathan Garcia was recently featured by The Seattle Times for sharing his delicious Grilled Sockeye Salmon recipe. Check out the article here.
- 1 1/2 lbs Sockeye Salmon divided into four individual portions
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Warm Chipotle Mushroom and Corn Salsa ingredients
- ½ lb of crimini mushrooms chopped
- 2 ears of corn pre-grilled and corn kernels removed from cob
- 1 avocado diced
- ½ bunch cilantro chopped
- 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chili chopped
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon minced shallots
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 bacon strips diced
- Get your grill nice and hot and season the grates with an oiled rag.
- Rub the olive oil all over the 6 oz. portions of salmon. Place the fish on the grill and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side.
- In a sauté pan on medium heat place the diced bacon and cook until it gets a little crispy, then add shallots, garlic and slightly sauté.
- Add mushrooms and corn then add the chipotle, honey, butter and squeeze the lime.
- Finish with the cilantro, avocado and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the vegetable mixture under the fish and enjoy.